Obsession: Lokai Bracelets

This summer, I started my first "big girl" job. I know, crazy right?! Gone are the summers of sleeping in late, tanning for hours, hanging out with friends and then doing it all over again. I'm currently in our nation's capitol working a 9-6 job full of cubicles, lunch breaks and, *gasp* pant suits!




this is me trying to look like I know what I'm doing

The bright side to this sad, sad story is that I finally got my first big-girl paycheck on Friday! After crying for a good 5 minutes over all the money that was given away to taxes, 


sure government, I don't mind. take it! take it I said!


I got to thinking what I should make my first real purchase. And you know what? I knew exactly what to get.



The story of this bracelet, and what it symbolizes, makes it so much more meaningful to me than anything else. Basically, the black bead contains mud from the Dead Sea (the lowest point on earth) and the white ball contains water from Mt. Everest, the highest point on earth. These symbolize the high (good) and low (bad) times in our lives. The clear beads symbolize the in between times, and they serve as a reminder that no low is permanent and no high is forever. 

The website says that the maker hopes that we remember to stay humble and balanced throughout our lives. It seems to me a perfect first paycheck gift. 

You can check out the #livelokai message here: http://mylokai.com/ . They're back-ordered as of current, but I can't wait to have this serve as a reminder every day to live free, live balanced, and "live lokai!"


***official description:The bracelet is infused with elements sourced from the highest and lowest points on Earth. The white ball, carrying water from Mt. Everest, and the black ball, holding mud from the Dead Sea, exist on opposite ends. A string of clear beads link the two, signifying that throughout life’s circular journey, your path is your own.

They're $18, and 10% of the proceeds go towards "giving back"





xoxo

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment